Tuesday, August 4, 2009

After Seattle ... Back in Milwaukee


Well, the vocation website is now online and operational at www.ocdfriarsvocation.org.

I had a truly grace-filled experience preaching the Novena of Masses in preparation for the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, held at the Seattle Carmel in Shoreline, WA. I was there July 5-19. The experience of the Sacraments, at the altar and in the confessional, humbled me and only deepened my gratitude for the mystery of the grace of priesthood. I met many, many people of such tremendous faith. So many stories of the Lord's power at work in people's lives.

And it was a very special blessing to spend time with my sisters in Carmel at Shoreline. Every such opportunity leaves me grateful for the unique relationship, the spiritual camaraderie, which has marked the friars and nuns of the Discalced Carmel since the time of Holy Mother Teresa of Jesus and Holy Father John of the Cross.

A final note ... Some very generous Secular Carmelites led me to the top of the Space Needle for lunch (photo above left--unfortunately it was overcast, but the food was marvelous).

No comments:

Post a Comment